This week has been filled with (Just on top of routine stuff) :
- Knowing: “he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,” Titus 3:5 And other truths from last weekend at Impact Bible Conference.
- Talked my mentor, to my friend in Stratford, and to my best friend while she was on a treadmill.
- Posted an opinion article to Stuff, emailed the article to SPANZ Presbyterian newspaper NZ and blogged the article. (Wasted far too much time doing this and on the computer eg email and FB).
- Talked to a lady while waiting in a restaurant, and encouraged her to watch the 180 Movie and dialogued about God creating the world.
Romans 5:7-9 (ESV)
7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— 8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
- Someone insisted that abortion is not like the WWII Holocaust, I said it is murder; don’t you fear God? I got really pent up inside at that point and had to remember that me getting angry doesn’t help God: “for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.” James 1:20
- Took a Bible study on Luke 19- Zacchaeus’ story, with a man and a lady who are two of my neighbors. It went fantastic, but next time I want to explain more clearly that pre-born babies are also our neighbor. Jesus reminded me that morning that “Lo, I am with you even to the end of the age.” -Matt 28:21 At 7pm, I went to knock on Kile’s door. I had just got there when I heard it rattling. He swung the door open before I had time to knock.
- I marked off addresses in Christchurch for Zipped books I sent last week. I found one more address. I need to get back to this.
- Worte my speech for Disability Awareness Sunday
- Witnessed to a high-school friend and his fiancee. Thankfully, when I prayed should I go to bed or wait for exercise, God told me to go witness. These two were visiting a married couple of my friends/ neighbors, so I got to have a Gospel conversation with them and give them a booklet to read. Glory to God.
- This morning I visited Brian and a lady called Cathleen at the rest home. Had a really good talk with Cathleen about life and death and eternity and Jesus. My friend Fem is not well enough for visitors. Please pray for her that she will turn to Jesus and have the assurance of eternity in Heaven.
- On the way to the grocery shop, I crossed paths with a teenage girl and had compassion for her, God allowed me to give her a 180 booklet. At the shop, I gave four Gospel tracts to children after checking with their Mums. Also left drop cards and gave away a Gospel tract while shopping, so that everyone will know I’ve been there. And if they a call me a fanatic for Jesus, Yay! (1 Peter 4:16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.)